Visakhapatnam, popularly known as Vizag, is one of the most beautiful and cleanest cities in India. The Jewel on the Coromandel Coast boasts of virgin beaches, laterite hillocks, and stunning landscape.
It is undoubtedly one of the most picturesque and romantic cities in India. There are plenty of places with breathtaking backdrops which make the perfect setting for the most romantic and memorable moments. Here are our favourite 5 most romantic places in and around Visakhapatnam that are perfect to pop the very important question and spend time with your loved one.
1) Yarada beach - the most romantic place in Visakhapatnam
Yarada beach is inarguably the most beautiful beach in Visakhapatnam. It is nestled between the hills on all the three sides and the mighty Bay of Bengal on one side. As soon as you will enter the beach, the tranquility of the beach will overpower you. The beach offers a fabulous landscape with its exotic blend of golden sands and the lush green stretch of hills. You will readily fall in love with the beach. The clean beach offers a secluded atmosphere, ideal for romance, far away from the hustle and bustle of the town. Stroll along the virgin beach hand in hand and sipping fresh coconut water together will remain ever vivid and heartwarming.
- You need to pay Rs. 30/- to enter Agrigold property and access the shops and restaurant there. However, please note that Yarada beach is not a private one. Tourists can visit the beach directly or through the Yarada village.
- Sea is very wild here. Understandably, swimming is not recommended.
- The only beach side restaurant offers delicious snacks and lunch at reasonable rate. If you want to have your lunch here, you should order it before going to beach to avoid a long waiting queue.
Kailasagiri, one of the best places to romance in Visakhapatnam, is a place with heavenly beauty. Surrounded by the gorgeous greenery, this is a fitting spot for getting down on one knee. It has several viewpoints affording wonderful views of the city on one side and winding beaches adjoining green hills on the other side.
Bird's eye view of Vizag city from ropeway, with your partner beside you, will haunt you forever. A romantic toy train joy ride will definitely act as a catalyst.
- Timing: 8am - 8pm; entry fee: Rs 5/-per person; 4 wheeler parking fee: Rs 50/-
- Ropeway fee: Rs 90/- to & fro, Rs 45/- only one side either up or down; Toy train fee: Rs 40/- per head
Do you often visualize a motorbike ride holding your beau close along the sea beach road with blue sea on one side and lush green hills on the other? You can materialize your dream moment at this picturesque Rishikonda beach (see featured image at the top) which provides a wholesome escapade, offering everything like sightseeing, water sports, shopping and tranquility. This charming beach is the perfect destination for proposal in the company of sand, sun and sea. Just watching the gamboling waves and the magnificent sunset hand-in-hand, will leave you mesmerized. Ending the day with candlelit dinner at one of the sea-facing resorts situated at beach side Eastern Ghat hill will be icing on the cake.
- Rishikonda beach is located 11km from Visakhapatnam city centre.
- There are shops selling souvenirs and handicraft items made by local people.
4) Dolphin's Nose Light HouseAnother one with spectacular views. Dolphin's Nose Light House is the tallest structure in Visakhapatnam. Panoramic view of Bay of Bengal from atop the light house is breathtaking and the perfect backdrop for a magical proposal! Viewing beautiful sunset from atop the light house will be etched in your memory forever.
It is one of the most famous and iconic attractions in Visakhapatnam, so it is easy to disguise the outing as some normal sightseeing. The proposal will be surprising and amazing - impossible to resist!
- The light house is open from 3pm-5pm.
- Fee: Rs 10/- for Indian adult, Rs. 25/- for foreigner
Love birds who are in search of peaceful, less crowded and completely avant-garde retreat with pleasant weather condition, should choose Araku valley as their romantic abode. Chill in the air will multiply your love for each other. A journey to this picturesque hill station by train with your loved one will be an affair to remember.
A peaceful walk down the deep valley and along the unknown hilly toe-dipping streams will make you realize how amazing your beloved one is. The tranquil Padmapuram Botanical Gardens or pristine Sangda waterfall servers as the perfect backdrop to pop the question. However, if adventure gives adrenaline rush to both of you, million-year-old limestone Borra Caves, illuminated with fancy lighting, is best suited for the perfect moment.
- Located about 120 km away from Visakhapatnam, Araku is connected through both rail and road to Visakhapatnam.
- APTDC offers one day "Araku Rail cum Road Tour" for Rs. 875/- per head which includes transport fare as well as cost for breakfact, lunch and high tea.
- You can take an aromatic trip down coffee lane aka Coffee Museum. Sipping a cup of coffee, made from freshly plucked coffee beans, will surely leave you craving for more. And coffee chocolate will sweeten your love.