- 1 cup Besan (gram flour)
- 1 cup sooji (rawa)
- 2 cups dahi (yogurt)
- 1 sachet fruit salt
- ginger paste (1/2 tsp)
- green chilly paste (1/2 tsp)
- sugar (1 tsp)
- salt (1/2 tsp)
- water to mix the ingredients
- mustard oil
- whole mustard seeds
- whole green chillies slit into 2 parts
- Mix all the ingredients properly with dahi (curd) apart from fruit salt and water. Keep adding small portions of water as required. The mixture should not be very watery or very dry. It should be moderate. There should not be any lumps. When the mixture is ready add the fruit salt for fermentation.
- We have used microwave oven to cook the dhokla. If you don't have a microwave you can cook it in a normal gas oven.
- Grease a microwave safe bowl or a normal aluminium dish with mustard oil. If you are using a microwave oven it's better if you use a silicon bowl. It will not stick to the bottom. Now pour the mixture into the bowl and place it into the microwave to cook for 5 minutes. If you are cooking in a normal gas oven boil water in a boiler (patila). Do not cover the patila. Now place the plate with dhokla mixture on top of the patila and let it cook in low flame for half an hour.
- Now heat little oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds and slit green chillies. Then pour it on top of the dhokla.
- Serve it with chutney or ketchup.